Drinking Straws OX-BIO Degradable Plastic Regular Black 5000
Black straight jumbo drinking straw 205mm x 5mm.
- Colour: Black
- Length: 205mm
- Bore: 5mm
- Quantity: 5000 straws per carton
Our Oxo-Biodegradable Eco-Straw is the most cost effective eco-friendly option. A Plastic Straw with the additive Reverte which alters the molecular structure of the plastic, giving the end user the same experience as a normal PP straw with all liquids including high acid juices, but the added eco advantage of having an approximate lifespan of 18 months after its useful life instead of 30+ years, like a normal straw. After an initial 48 hours of sunlight, and exposure to oxygen, the straw will begin to degrade, eventually become brittle, slowly breaking down to where it can be then be attacked in a micro-biological form, eventually degrading to CO2 and Biomass. If this straw unfortunately finds it way into an open environment, this is where its degradable properties work well. Our OXO-BIO Eco-Straws meet standards for exposing and testing plastics that degrade by a combination of Oxidisation and Biodegradation. These straws take longer to break down compared to PLA or Paper and therefore cannot be claimed as a commercially compostable straw, however once fully broken down, meet the same eco-toxicity standards as Tier 3 - Ecotoxicity in the standard EN13432. The plastic, now biomass and CO2 poses no threat to the earth, once fully broken down.
- ASTM D6954-04(2013) American Standard Guide for Exposing and Testing;
- Plastics that Degrade in the Environment by a combination of Oxidation and Biodegradation;
- This covers Tier 1 Degradability, Tier 2 Biodegradability, Tier 3 Eco-toxicity EN13432 Ecotoxicity (Only);
- USA and EU FDA approvals For Plastics coming into contact with Food.
* Sold in carton quantities only *
|Unit Of Measure
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Barware users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Write a product review